DrinkTanks: Mount Up Maple Brown Mushroom Pasta
For the Beer, the Boy or the Bae!
This Valentine's Day, don't be led astray, DrinkTanks is here this February with the best beer related Valentine's recommendations. Here is a favorite recipe from Matt in customer care. We like to use the local favorite Mount Up Maple Brown by Wild Ride.
Mount Up Maple Brown Mushroom Pasta
40 mins Cook Time:
20 mins Total Time:
1 hr. Best Beer to Use
: Wild Ride Brewery
- Mount Up Maple Ale
- 5 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter Divided
- 2 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup (We know you want to add more) Mount up Maple Brown Ale, Fresh & Carbonated of Course
- 1 Cup Vegetable Stock
- 1/8 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Chopped Fresh Thyme Divided
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Heavy Cream
- 8 oz Pappardelle Pasta
- 6 Ounces Shiitake Mushrooms (Nothing less for your loved one)
- 1 Tablespoon Wild Ride's Mount Up Maple Brown Ale
- Salt & Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pappardelle as per the instructions on the package.
- Drain the pasta, saving ½ cup of the water.
- In an 8-10 inch saute pan, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add the flour and whisk for 3 minutes over a medium heat.
- Add the beer gradually whisking until all of it is incorporated.
- Gradually add the vegetable stock whisking to get rid of any lumps leaving a smooth sauce.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes, whisking often.
- Add the onion powder, 1 teaspoon chopped thyme, salt, pepper and cream.
- Whisk to combine and taste for more salt and pepper if desired. Turn the heat to very low to keep warm.
- Slice the mushrooms roughly.
- Melt the remaining 3 tablespoons butter in a pan and add the minced garlic and Wild Ride's Mount Up Maple Brown Ale.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 5-7 minutes and the mushrooms start to darken.
- Season with salt and black pepper and add the remaining 1 teaspoon chopped thyme to the mushrooms. Turn heat to low.
- Add the sauce and the ½ cup of reserved pasta water to the drained pasta and toss gently to coat.
- Place some of the pasta on a serving plate.
- Spoon some of the pan-fried mushrooms on top of the pasta and garnish with some more thyme and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Light the candles, open up the Growler and set the table to successfully pull of one heck of a Valentine's Meal
- Share the evening with your loved one.....and some Beer & Chocolate