Summer is a time for adventure. The longer hours and increased heat make the need for a quality drink vessel to carry on your adventures more essential than ever. The good news is that DrinkTanks beer growlers aren’t just great for beer- they’re a cocktail’s best friend. Whether you’re out hiking the mountains, or lounging by a river, these 5 cocktails will keep you cool and refreshed. We’ve tested all these cocktails for, um, quality, so trust us when we say they’re worth a shot.
1. Cucumber-Rosemary Gin and Tonic
- 1/2 cucumber
- 3 limes
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 10 oz Gin
- 2 liter bottle of tonic water
Peel the cucumber, slice it thinly, and put the slices inside your growler. Slice each lime into 4 pieces, and squeeze a little bit of juice out of each piece, before adding them to the growler. Gently crush the sprigs of rosemary, and add them to the mix. Pour gin into growler, and seal. Shake growler vigorously for 1 minute. Strain the contents through a mesh strainer, pouring the liquid mixture into a pitcher. Keep solid ingredients to use as garnish. Rinse growler, and add separated gin mixture from pitcher. Fill remainder of growler with tonic water.
2. White Sangria
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 shots Calvados or other apple liquor
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 ripe peaches, cut into wedges
- 3 ripe green apples seeded and cut into wedges
- 1 bottle white Rioja Spanish wine or other dry white wine
- 1 pint raspberries
- Sparkling soda water, for topping off glasses of sangria at table
Combine sugar, Calvados, lime, lemon, peaches and apples in your growler. Cover with 1 bottle of Rioja wine and chill sangria several hours in your fridge with your growler's lid off. To serve, spoon fruits into glasses or goblets, adding a few fresh raspberries in each glass, pour wine over top of the fruit. Top glasses of sangria off with a splash of soda water and serve.
3. Blood Orange Mimosas
- 10 to 12 blood oranges, juiced and strained, or 2 1/2 cups blood orange juice
- 1 750-ml bottle dry sparkling wine, such as Prosecco or Cava, chilled
- 8 to 10 pieces blood orange peel, removed with a vegetable peeler and twisted, for garnish
Pour the blood orange juice into your growler and place into refrigerator with your growler's lid off. Just before serving, pour in the chilled sparkling wine, and stir. Serve with the blood orange twists for garnish.
4. Hummdinger Kombucha Cocktail
- 4 bottles Humm Kombucha?s Coconut Lime
- 8 oz Silver Tequila
- 3 tbsp Honey (or Agave)
- 1 cup Fresh Blueberries
- a few sprigs of Fresh Basil
- 2 limes, quartered
Muddle basil, lime and tequila, combine in growler. Add honey or agave, and shake vigorously for 1 minute. Pour in kombucha, and seal growler until ready to serve. Serve over ice!
5. Moscow Mule
- 8 oz. vodka
- 1 lime, quartered
- 56 oz cold ginger beer
Pour vodka into growler. Squeeze lime quarters into growler, and insert rinds. Attach lid, and shake vigorously. Pour in ginger beer until growler is filled. Source Do you have any favorite cocktail recipes that we missed? Leave them in the comments!